Friday, December 15, 2006

A little Friday morning funny...

A man in Newfoundland called his son in Calgary two days before Christmas and said, "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son replied.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father said. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so I want you to call your sister in Vancouver and tell her."

Frantic, the son called his sister, who exploded on the phone. "No way they're getting divorced!" she shouted, "I'll take care of this!"

She called Newfoundland immediately and screamed at her father, "You are NOT getting divorced!! Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there by tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing. DO YOU HEAR ME?" and she then hung up.

The old man hung up his phone and turned to his wife. "Okay," he said, "they're coming for Christmas and paying their own way."

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! Funny, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha too funny!!

Trayce said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one :)

Merry Christmas, Jodi!

Oh, and New Year - You, Diane & I! Gotta get together!!!

xo