Thursday, November 09, 2006

Through Mom's Eyes


ETHAN DONALD:
First Born; 4 Years Old



Ethan is so Pure and uncomplicated. I see the Compassion, Love and Joy of God when I look at Ethan. Even as a baby he was always happy and smiling. People have always been drawn to him, he is so easy to love because he just loves people, he loves talking and interacting. Ethan is also very nurturing and sensitive. It just melts my heart when I see him hugging or taking care of his little brother or some of the daycare children.



TITUS HAWK:
Second Born; 2 Years Old


I had to really think about what Titus' Godly Attributes are, and this is only because Ty has such a strong character. Even as a baby he was independent, hard to read, strong-willed and just really grumpy. Because Ethan was so "easy" to handle, I was a little caught off guard when Ty came. Titus and I share many of the same qualitities and sometimes we butt heads as a result of that. I had to do lots of reading with Ty; you can't just do "go with the flow" parenting when you have a strong-willed child. My Ty thinks he is the boss - he knows that he isn't the boss at home, but oh he tries. Ty is a leader, loves to build, he is attentive to detail and very Creative. When you get passed Ty's outward characteristics that stand out so much, you get a glimpse of his tender, sweet and beautiful heart. Ty appears strong and independent, but he thrives on praise and he loves to be cuddled (on his terms) - he needs us more than we think he does sometimes. The Attributes of God that I see when I look into Ty's eyes are God's Faithfulness and Self-Sufficiency.



I have learned to appreciate each of my boys' unique qualities and love them for exactly who God has made them to be. They are both so different, but made so perfectly in Christ.



I feel like I am the most blessed Mom in the universe. I love my life and I wouldn't trade places with anyone!

***

I was inspired by Lori to write about which Attributes of God I saw in my children. I also would love to hear what Attributes of God you see in your children or someone that you love.

Love,
Trace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really nice, sweetheart. It shows everyone how much of an angel you are. My wonderful, beautiful, amazing wife. You are such a great mom.

I'll never forget the day Ethan told you that you were exactly the mom that he always wanted.

Great job. I love you.

Trayce said...

Thanks Aerie - you're amazing you know. I am a great mom because of YOU! And I know that you know what I mean by that. You being such a wonderful husband to me makes me the best Mom that I can be. You lift my hands up when I can't. We've got each other's backs. These boys have the best Dad - they love you so much and you give them your all. When you come home after a long day at work and start drawing Veggie Tales and cutting them out for them - it means the world to them. You are selfless, and the kindest and most patient man I know. I am head over heels in love with you, sweetie.

...AND leaving me a comment is totally foreplay you know :) You're raking in the points xox He-he!

Queenie

Anonymous said...

woohoo!