Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pure and Simple...



I was reading one of my last posts where I shared about my challenges as a daycare provider. I was having a hard week and I don't at all regret what I shared with you all because I am only human, and I go through my rough days like everyone else. But I just want to let everyone know that yes, as challenging as running a daycare can be, there is a whole lot of wonderful things that I love about working with all these beautiful kids! Here are just a few of the reasons why I LOVE being a daycare provider:

- I am learning to appreciate all the simple things in life. Kids find joy in the simplest things...and a lot of that rubs off on me. For example, I say: "we're gonna make candy apples today" or "let's put our coats on and play outside" or "snack time!!!" or "who wants to colour!" or "let's go check the mail" ...and they all jump up and down and cheer - kind of like how we adults would act if someone handed us a million dollar cheque. The purest and simplest things excite these children.

- ALL the cuddles & hugs! I get tons of hugs X 5 every day!

- Not a day goes by where I don't laugh, smile or dance :)

- Imagine spending your entire day with people who think you're hilarious? Sometimes I feel like a stand-up comedian...only my audience laughs at ALL of my jokes :)

- NAPS. All the kids in my care nap from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm ...and they love naptime. Now this gives me lots of time to BLOG!

- Watching them grow and learn.

- Celebrating their accomplishments however small they may be.

- Seeing the fruit of what I've sown into them.

- Feedback. There is nothing quite like feedback from the parents. One morning this week a parent of one my little girls told me that on their way over, their daughter said, "are we going to Tracy's house?" and when the parents said yes, she said "yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!" When I heard that it really made me feel good.

- Giving these children a comfortable, safe, healthy, fun and loving environment makes me glow. Who needs makeup?

Love,
Tracy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this entry honey. It shows people what it is really like at our house. Remember our mission statement "Faith to believe - Hope to dream - and Love ALWAYS." Our home is a refuge of peace and joy. And it is reflected through the ones who spend the most time there - you and the kids.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tracey:

Children really are precious aren't they. I knew all along you are great at what you do!!!

Peace and blessings to you and yours in Jesus' name I pray:

Donna

Carrie said...

Tracy,
I love your honesty! We all have our rough days...whether it's our job, our kids, spouse, etc. Sometimes we just wanna scream. But as you said, there are always good things to see despite the "bad day" we are having. You are an amazing person and these kids must absolutely love you. Keep depending on Him to give you the strength you need each and every day. He will help you during those "hard" days. Miss ya : )
Carrie

Trayce said...

Thanks Carrie. I miss ya too! Where have you been?

Trayce said...

Bless you too Donna!!!!!!