Monday, February 19, 2007

Back from my blog fast

It's been a while hasn't it! Judging from all of the comments that I've received, it's safe to say that you are interested in hearing about my computer fast.

One anonymous reader wrote this:

I'd love to hear about your week of fasting. What did you do with the extra time not blogging? Did fasting meet your expectations? Did you recieve any insights from God? I love your honesty in your January 28th blog. I can't speak for your other readers but this reader would love to hear all about it.

I spent a lot of time in the Word, cooking more, spending more time with my husband and kids, sleeping more, etc. Aerie really noticed the difference. Usually when he got home from work every day, I would sneak downstairs and get 30 minutes or so on the computer thinking he didn't notice I was gone or whatever.

The first couple of days were harder. I was so used to running up and down the stairs all throughout my days just to check my e-mail for two minutes. It's not that I would spend a tremendous amount of time on the computer, it's more that I was beginning to feel obssessed with checking it - I was thinking about it way too much. So, fasting my computer time definitely brought some balance back into my life. As we all know, too much of one thing is not good. I desperately needed to rebalance my priorities. I did miss the computer a lot. Because I don't talk on the phone much, I keep in touch with many of my friends through e-mail. That was very hard. I felt a little isolated from that part of my life during that week. Sometimes I felt like I was missing out, but I knew it was only for a season so I pushed through.

Did fasting meet my expectations? Well, the three major reasons why I went on this fast were to... 1) Balance my priorities 2) Food Addiction and binging 3) Anger. This fast definitely started something, but it's a work in progress. Throughout my fast I had been dwelling on scriptures about love. I have been searching myself and praying for God's guidance and clarity in these areas of my life. I am learning where my anger is rooted and where it comes from, but like I said - it's a work in progress. I am really excited because I know that what I am going through is going to bring about complete freedom. The battle is in my mind - my thoughts.

9 comments:

Me said...

Tracy,
you are so open and honet on your blog, it is really inspiring. It's true that some things take time, but you were disciplined which is more than I can say for myself!

Trayce said...

Thanks Sarah.

I was disciplined in staying off the computer during the day, but the other part of my fast, that I haven't shared, was a moderation of a Daniel Fast. I failed miserably. What started out as veggies and seeds only, turned into a junk food binge by the end of the first day.

I understand, Sarah.

Laura said...

Thanks for your openness. I am seeing a side of you I would never have guessed at!

You are an inspiration!

Trayce said...

Am I really an inspiration? Why do I find that so hard to believe? Thanks! I mean that. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Tracy you are a great work in progress! God is refining you and setting you FREE! You will walk FREE from this whole food thing I claim it in the name of Jesus as the authority of our whole universe. Keep pressing on you are an inspiration to many women as you share your testimony and Christ sets you FREE.

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for that exact make. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 220 dollars everwhere. But definitively I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that singular brand. The prices as regards the boots are around 220 pounds on every site. But for all I set this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are all over 330 bucks on every page. But finally I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?