Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fun, Friends and Scattergories...(and cheating)

Last night we had some good friends over - Stuart, Sarah + kids, and Steve, Suzie + kids. We ordered pizza, drank tea (Oolong), talked and talked...and then we sat down to play Scattergories. Sarah played really well - she won! Way to go Sarah! Susie and I tied in bottom place :-(

Our plan yesterday was to go tobogganing together, but it was so cold so we decided to skip the outdoor fun and get together at our place. I must say that these two families are some of the kindest, most thoughtful and nicest families we know. They are a lot of fun and it's always a pleasure to spend time with them. Aerie and I are very blessed to have so many wonderful friends in our lives.

So anyway, back to that game! Ok, I did cheat a little. It wasn't so funny this time though. There are not a whole lot of subtle ways to cheat at this particular game - ESPECIALLY when everyone is watching you like a hawk! Twice during the game Susie had to tend to her children, so the game was put on pause. We paused the timer, closed our books and waited. A few times I took a quick peek inside my book when I thought nobody was looking, but Stuart saw me every single time. I wasn't doing very well, so I needed a little help! Scattergories is not my best game - I've never been great at it.

Anyway! Then the unthinkable happened. Someone rolled the letter "D" but for some reason I thought it was the letter "N". So I wrote my list of N words. I couldn't believe that! And needless to say, I wasn't happy. I knew the game was so over for me. I was in a bad mood after that which brings me to believe that I am a sore loser. I love to win, but I really hate losing; I can dish it out, but I can't take it. It's so true. I've never really been physically strong, but I am tough and I love to fight and start things that I can't finish but as soon as I get hurt - that's it for me. I get upset. What is up with that? Maybe I am still PMS'ing. He-he-he! Can't blame everything on that.

So anyhow, I don't really have a point here.

Oh! I do want to say something else that I just remembered! I need a vote on this one!!! These guys were trying to give me a "thumbs down" on a certain word that I wrote for a LEISURE ACTIVITY. I wrote that MOON WALKING was a leisure activity. Can you believe that they didn't think that moon walking could be a leisure activity??? I know how to moon walk, and I even told them sometimes I moon walk while I am watching TV - like to practice and stuff. I think it was a very creative answer! Maybe they were just upset that I had cheated and wanted to see me lose.

So I need some votes here! Moon walking = Leisure Activity - Thumbs up or thumbs down?


P.S: O.k. One more thing. The highlight of my evening was when we (I) tricked Stuart and put a hard boiled egg in his glass of milk, HEHEHEHEHE! He saw it though...well, the egg was still hot and pretty stinky, so his milk was lukewarm and kind of smelly. Oh that is so funny.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy,

Thanks for the forward to your "blogger's guild" blogspot. I feel very honoured to be dispensing my thoughts on such a prestigious site!!!

Sarah and I had lots of fun last night. I am very competitive as well, hence the reason that I caught you cheating everytime!!! Also, I heard through the grapevine that you are a notorious cheater!!!!

My vote still stands at a thumbs down for moon walking by the way. It is borderline, and by definition it can fall into the category of leisure activity, but personally, I wouldn't participate if a friend invited me over or out to moonwalk, and it doesn't sound like fun. Sorry, but it was creative!!! One point for creativity.

Stuart

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
No one likes to lose. I think there is an art to losing gracefully, like if it actually puts you in a bad mood and you can't get over it, that's not cool, maybe something to deal with but no one likes to lose. It's just not fun.

Not to sure about Moon walk - it's very subjective, would one find moon walking leisurely? Maybe if they did it often enough. I personally do not find moon walking leisurely.

Wish I was there. I love games and fun, I love fun!

Donna said...

Well, Is moonwalking any less leisurly then dancing or playing golf? I don't see the diff. really accept the fact that one may be more popular than another but thats just my thinking. I am glad a bunch of you shared a great time together because to me that means YOU ALL WON.

Me said...

Donna,
I agree with you. Moon walking is a dance, and dancing is seen as a leisure activity. The only people that don't see it as a leisure activity are the people that were fighting for points in the game. Besides, if you had seen tracy moonwalking like I did, you would just give her the points for fun. (Trac you remember I gave you a thumbs up right?)
There was a certian husband of mine who thought that inner ear lobe was a body part. Thumbs down for sure, especially when he thumbs downed my turbo inverter defrost function of the microwave as "kitchen utensils":-(
Games are fun, and I can't wait to play more. Tracy, you were great and we were blessed to spend our day with you.
Love You!

Anonymous said...

This Is a very anonymous poster,

You do know who I am, however, I gave you two thumbs down for the moon walking answer. Since that time I have been asking myself if you may have been right all along... I may have found some proof that moon walking might be a leisure activity but for birds only... watch this -->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-wtO7pjJKk

Trayce said...

Stuart -
Moon walking can be a lot of fun. You should try it sometime before you give someone a thumbs down.

And Sarah, thank you SO much for the little reminder about how your husband thought that an INNER EAR LOBE was a body part - that was definitely a two thumbs down!!!!!!
HE-HE!

Thanks for the comment, Stuart.

Trayce said...

Lori -
I don't like to lose, and it did put me in a bad mood that night but most of the time I can laugh it off. You know what I think? I think it's the game. Scattergories is a game where other people get to determine whether or not you get a point. If I am wrong...and there is proof that I am wrong - like say with Scrabble - you can just check the dictionary...then no problem. But with Scattergories, anyone can just vote that you're wrong, and I hate that about that game. I really, truly believe that moon walking is a leisure activity. But I can't be right because three bozos say I'm wrong. He-he-he! Not that anyone is a bozo or anything, lol!
All I'm saying is that it is very easy to take it all very personally when you are playing Scattergories. Your fate is in your opponents hands.

Trayce said...

Thanks for the vote Donna. Do you enjoy playing boardgames? Are you competitive?

Trayce said...

Sarah-
I totally forgot that you gave me the thumbs up on that one. Thanks. I can always count on you :)

And I really can't believe that you didn't get a point for the brilliant answer you gave for "kitchen item"...turbo inverter defrost function. That is totally an item and it's in the kitchen. Hello!!! Hehehe.

You are so sweet Sarah. Stuart needs to take some lessons from his wife! Just kidding, haha.

Trayce said...

O.k. Mr. Anonymous. I know you are a Mr. because I was with Susie and Sarah at the Women's night just a short while ago. So, hmmm...this could only be Smelly Steve or Stinky Stu.

That was a very interesting/ disturbing/funny video. Thanks for sharing :) I am going to prove that moon walking IS a leisure activity - and not only for birds!

Step up to the plate and reveal yourself! Be a man already!

Anonymous said...

I don't care who you are. I don't think there is anyone, anywhere, who decides to moonwalk when they have an couple minutes to themself. Dance maybe. But moonwalk is a type of dance.

What would you say if someone said at work - " Hey it's break anyone want to foxtrot?" COME ON!

Moonwalking is not a leisure activity. But I would accept dancing as a leisure activity.

I still love you my crazy wife.
xox
Aerie

Trayce said...

At least say I love you after that!
HONEY!

Trayce said...

Ok, my bad...I missed the iloveyou part.

You are completely out to lunch! How can you say that you would accept dancing as a leisure activity, and agree that moon walking is indeed a dance but not accept that? You don't make any sense! No sense at all! That's like saying that you agree that fruit is part of the food groups, but that strawberries are not.

BTW, I have a really good friend who does the FOXTROT on her breaks!!!!

Anonymous said...

strawberries is a fruit. But not a meal.

And Nat does not foxtrot on her breaks - she dances.

I LOVE YOU !

This is fun.

Trayce said...

What is your point?

In some Countries strawberries may very well be a meal.

Nat does Foxtrot and that's not the only kind of dance she does. And yes, "she dances"...like I said, she does the Foxtrot on her breaks.

I don't get you at all. You're weird.

But I still love you.

Donna said...

You guys are funny and having losts of fun. Yey! That is great to see. I do like games but I am not competative. I am so very happy just playing with everyone that no matter who wins or losses I think we are all winning because what a blessing it is to play a game together. A precious blessing. Plus I always feel sorry for anyone who loses and because I do not mind losing I would rather me lose than anyone else so sometimes I "cheat"(yikes when I word it that way I feel bad) to lose especially if there is young children playing. But the main thing for me is just how much joy I feel when I look around the table and see everyone there together playing. For me that is so nice.

Trayce said...

Donna - you are just so cute and sweet.

Hmmm, so you cheat to lose. Now that is pretty interesting. That's a post right there! So I wonder if "those people" who dislike cheaters would be so upset if they were playing with someone who was cheating to LOSE! Very, very, very interesting. I'm going to have to look into this, he-he.

Trayce said...

OH FYI....After some extensive research, Stuart recently informed me that Moon Walking is indeed a leisure activity.
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!