Saturday, January 13, 2007

Frosty the Invincible

Now wasn't yesterday (Friday) morning a beautiful day to play outside in the snow?! We all know that snow has to be the perfect consistency to be able to roll into a snowman. When I took a look outside Friday morning, I knew it was the day. It was so mild out...and very wet too.
So we all got bundled up and went outside on one very important mission - to make a snowman. The kids had SO much fun... and I think I had even more fun. This was our first snowman of the year!!! There was very little snow on the ground so we could only make a little snowman. After we finished, the boys suggested we give our snowman a name. Ethan blurted out, "I know mommy - FROSTY!" I suggested a few more original names, but they were really stuck on Frosty. So here is a photo of Ethan, Ty and their new friend Frosty.



Last night we left the house for a few hours and on our way home late last night it was raining. We warned the boys that Frosty would probably be all melted and assured them that we'd make another "Frosty" again when the snow was right.

Well, this morning when the boys woke up and looked outside...............Frosty was still standing!!!!! There was no snow anywhere else. He lost his eyes and smile, but the important thing is that Frosty is still alive! :-) He's like a SUPER snowman (he needs a cape)!!! I wonder if he'll be there all winter...hmmm...Frosty's little stump - I guess we'll have to wait and see.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
Your snowman is so cute. Looks like y ou had a really fun day. I can't wait to see the picture of frosty in a month from now.

Donna said...

SUPER snowman! That is the kind of snowman my kids would like too.

Unknown said...

Your kids should be proud, that's a great looking snowman! They were always so fun to make growing up!

Lindsay

Me said...

I love your snowman.
I have a funny snowman story as well. i will post it on my blog.