Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Getting to know Aerie + Tracy



Tracy's Answers:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them in pretty paper and ribbon
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Just simple white lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
You know, we don’t hang one but I would love to!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The first week of December (right after my birthday)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My mom makes a mean Turkey dinner. I really love turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. Oh! And meat pie!
7. Favorite Holiday
memory as a child: I’m not really sure, there are so many. One would be going into the forest every year and picking out the best possible Christmas tree. My dad always made it really fun for us.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I remember this one day when I was about 12 or 13, my mom and I were downstairs and she told me that Santa didn’t exist. I was so mad! I couldn’t believe that they deceived me all of these years and I felt like a real idiot. I must have had some idea before she actually verbalized that, but I don’t know; this is just what I remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We celebrate Christmas Eve at my parents’ place, so we open all of the gifts from just on my family’s side.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I have wicker balls with tiny white lights inside all throughout our tree, little wicker ornaments, red balls and a star on top. Very simple. I want to add a new colour; I was thinking of an olive green.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Mixed feelings on that. I enjoy looking at the snow from inside cozied up in front of the fireplace. I don’t like the cold, and getting the kids dressed up in snowsuits is a pain.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes I can. I used to figure skate and won a silver medal. But I don’t skate all that well now. I only go skating once or twice a year, so…
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
No. Every year my parents let my sister and I go and pick out a whole bunch of new clothes. So that is always exciting.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with family, giving gifts, time off work, the excitement of Christmas morning and most importantly – remembering Jesus’ birthday – the true meaning of Christmas.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Turtle brownies – I make them every year. Do you want the recipe? They’re really soooooooooo delicious. I won’t be eating any this year though, but I will still make some.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Placing a toy at the tip of the boys’ bed for Christmas morning.
17. What tops your tree?
A silver star
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Oh, I love both! I get more fulfillments out of giving though.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I don’t know – like them all. But I really, really love my new Bluegrass Christmas CD that my friend, Is, bought me for my birthday!
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Hmmm, they’re not yuck…liver & brussel sprouts are yuck! But they aren’t like really yummy either.

Aerie's Answers:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I am Santa, and I do both.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored is more fun. White is more neat. The more lights the better.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I like to just give a kiss for no reason.
5. When do you put your decorations up? After
Tracy's birthday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? All of them.
7. Favorite
Holiday memory as a child: Waking up and looking at gifts at 3 in the morning when I was 10 years old.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember, I think I just figured it was impossible the whole time because we never had a fireplace and it didn't make sense how he could get in our home.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Always.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I get the decorations out and let Tracy tell me what matches and how things should look. She has the best eye for that stuff. If it was up to me we would have a very ugly looking tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I could live in a house made of snow. I love being outdoors.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I don't.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with family, giving gifts, time off work, the excitement of Christmas morning and most importantly – remembering Jesus’ birthday – the true meaning of Christmas.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
All of them.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Turkey
dinner.
17. What tops your tree? A silver star
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Both. I get more fulfillments out of giving though.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Silent night reminds me of the reason for the season, jingle bells reminds me of the weather, jingle bell rock reminds me of the fun of family getting together, white Christmas makes me think of Bing Crosby, All of them are great.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I'll eat a candy cane but I prefer a chocolate or a truffle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy were you seriously 12 or 13 when you found out Santa Clause didn't exist?? hahaha!!

Trayce said...

I am truly serious. I don't know what I was thinking back then. I know, that's so weird. Thanks for not calling me an idiot out loud, hehehe. I am going to ask my mom about this tonight and see what she remembers.

You know, Madison is 11 years old and she still believes in Santa. Ethan is 4 and he's like, "Santa's not real mom, he's just a man dressed up!"

So who knows! My parents really played into the whole Santa Claus thing.

:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well, I think it's much more fun to believe in Santa!!