Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A different mindset

This week Aerie has been working really hard. He has a second job and has been taking some extra shifts, as well as working overtime in his day job. I just appreciate so much what he is sacrificing for us and I have been thinking of a way to bless him and show him how much I love him. I haven't really thought of anything yet. But anyway, last night he gets home from a long day at work at 7 pm and after a few minutes of being home he gives me a huge hug and kiss and he asks me what he can do for me to show me how much he loves me. I was like, "what? no no no...you have this backwards...I need to show you how much I love you!" Then he says, "I look around and all I see is your love for me - the house is clean, the dishes are done, supper is waiting for me, the boys are well behaved..."

And I just thought, wow this is what marriage is about; not taking...but giving - not concentrating on what we can get out of our marriage, but rather, what we can give. And it always comes back to us, doesn't it!?

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet!

Anonymous said...

I cried a little, I am for SURE sending my man over for training.

Tracey, you have what you have because you are who you are. There would be no way a guy with Aerie's quality would stick around if you weren't an amazing person AND the corrollory is true also, you wouldn't have been attracted to less than a fabulous man.

Birds of a feather............

I am convinced that the people you are closest to, tend to be a reflection of who you are at your core!

Laura

Trayce said...

Laura, I know for sure who I'm gonna call when I'm in need of a compliment - I need to have your number on speed dial! :) You are just the sweetest, Laura. What you just wrote meant so much to me. I must have read it about 10 times over and over and my heart swelled with joy each time.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Tracy,

anytime you need a compliment you can also call me (now that would be major long distance)! Reading your blog I am thankful that I have the chance to get to know you again! In Ottawa, you were the cool person to look up to! Even now, you still have the ability to inspire! You have hopes and passions. Thanks for sharing them here on your blog!

Lindsay

ps. might want to disable anonymous comments.

Anonymous said...

Hey Trace/Lindsay, that won't stop anybody from using a fake email or whatever. You should contact Blogger right away and report the poster. They must have a way to block the IP address or something similar. Or, if they can't do anything about it, I suggest transferring your blog to a new name...and only send the address to your friends. And make sure you don't have your full name on here (so people can't find you).

This lady leaving these messages is obviously sick in the head, and of all the people to pick on...

Welcome to the internet. :-(

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tracy:

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, I claim peace, love, protection, and only the influences of Jesus Christ over you, Tracy, your family and this blog. Amen and Amen!!

Peace and blessings I pray to you and yours in Jesus' mighty name:

Donna

P.S. Merry CHRISTmas

Trayce said...

Dear Donna, thank you! You are just awesome!!!

Love,
Trace

Trayce said...

Lindsay;

Thanks...you're so sweet. I really love reading your blog. You have grown into a beautiful (and stylish) woman of God.

Trace