Saturday, December 09, 2006

Angela...my beautiful sister and friend

Today I want to share about someone who is very special to me; my sister. I’ve been blessed with not only a sister, but a sister who also happens to be my very best friend.

Ange and I are only two years apart and we have been inseparable since birth. We’ve been through our share of fights growing up – that’s life – but one thing we have never struggled with as sisters is jealousy. We have never felt the need or desire to compete with each other. We knew that we were both different in so many ways, but loved equally by our parents. We have never envied each other, but rather, we’ve celebrated each others’ individuality and strengths.

I have a bond with my sister that goes deep and can never be broken. I love her so much and I’m so grateful to have her in my life.

Ange and I are alike in many ways. We share many of the same interests such as: fitness, fashion, decorating, shopping, reading magazines, singing, watching shows like American Idol, eating chocolate and McDonalds… We have even been told on a number of occasions that we look like twins; we’ve been told on an equal amount of occasions that we look nothing alike. We share many of the same mannerisms and our husbands and parents even get our voices confused over the phone. Another quality that we share is our humour; we always seem to laugh at things that other people don’t find that funny. Even when we are watching a movie or something, we will burst out laughing at all the same parts while everyone else is quiet. When Ange and I are together, we always laugh, always have fun and always have so much to talk about. My sister is the ONLY person that I can think of who I can stand talking on the phone to for hours. Time flies when we’re talking. We even do fun things like e-mail each other cute clothes and styles that we like while we are talking on the phone.

Ange is one of the most conscientious and determined people that I know. No let me rephrase that, she is definitely THE most determined person I know. When she sets her mind to something or makes a goal, I am always amazed at how dedicated she is to achieving that goal. All of our lives I have seen Ange set a goal and accomplish it. This inspires me to do the same. I am determined in some areas, but most of the time I am swayed easily and really unfocused. Ange is totally focused and I love that about her. She loves to makes lists. Oh yes, my sister is a true "beaver".

Ange is also one of the funniest people I know - like HILARIOUS! (I am the funniest person I know, so she comes in second there, he-he...and Lori, you are very funny too!) She loves to make people laugh, in fact, she thrives on that. When she starts, she cannot stop. My sister has a shy side to her, but as soon as she feels comfortable and opens up – watch out!!! She could really be a comedian! Last year I had a girl’s night at my place and I just invited about 10 of my close friends. They didn’t all know each other, and that made it interesting. While we were eating dinner, my sister was amusing us all with her humour. I almost peed my pants laughing. She is so funny!

When Ange makes a good friend, they are friends for life. She is honest, trustworthy, dedicated, fun, sincere, encouraging and a beautiful friend. She loves her family with ever fiber of her being. She is the most dedicated wife and mom that I know, and she loves with all of her heart.

I love you sister and even if we were not sisters, I would still want you as my best friend.

...and now for some funny pictures :) These photos were taken last week on my birthday. Actually, at that Christmas IBEW party that I was telling you about.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you girls are smoking something...

You are both beautiful, beautiful women. Your parents must be proud! I have two brothers, so when I look at sisters my heart skips - I am sure it must be fun to talk fashion instead of football. Sister: someone to straighten your hair, talk about a kiss, or tell you you need a new pair of shoes!

Tracy, give your big sister a hug next time you see her, must be amazing.

Lindsay