Friday, November 24, 2006

A little Bit About Me...

Name:
Tracy Lee Biafore

About Me:
About 7 years ago I married Aerie – and God could not have blessed me with a more perfect person for me. We have two boys, Ethan (4 yrs old) & Titus (2 yrs old). Almost two years ago I took a leave of absence from my job at Correctional Service Canada, and I have been privileged to be home with my boys ever since. I am running a home daycare and will continue to do so until the boys are in school full-time.

What else would you like people to know?
Hmmm…Well I never answer the telephone when Aerie is home (I’m not really a phone person).



Passions:
There are many things that I love like; being with my family & friends, everything to do with fitness, nutrition, health and natural medicine. I love shopping, fashion, decorating, photography, e-mail, and doing crafty things like making cards. But my biggest passion is making people feel lovedspecialencouraged. I am completely content as I take time to make someone a special card – I cannot even put into words how fulfilling that is to me. Blessing someone with a special gift, ah, I could do that all day. That would be my dream job. Like, when Oprah blesses her audience with tons of stuff on her “Favorite Things” show…I cry & cry…I would LOVE to do that! (I wouldn’t mind being on the receiving end too, he-he!) Or I would totally love to be one of those people on the show, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, where they bless hurting people or less fortunate people with such GRAND things! I’m thinking big here, but in reality, I believe that the littlest things make big differences too. I like to believe that my simple little cards or little acts of kindness make people feel special and loved in a big way too. That’s what gets me out of bed in the morning!

One lesson life has taught me:
A special person one told me, “Life is too short to get angry. I used to be a pretty bitter woman; easily angered, very impatient, self consumed, controlling and bossy. My husband, Aerie, is the complete opposite of those things. Aerie is the most patient, kind, easy-going, simple and selfless person I have ever met. He’s got a longgggggggg fuse. We’ve been married for seven years and I can count on one hand the number of times he has blown up or lost control. I truly believe that if I would have married someone other than Aerie – somebody who was more like me – I would have driven that person away a long time ago.

I used to like to push Aerie’s buttons, pick fights…I was a tough one to live with. I can remember hurting him with my razor sharp words. Aerie always turned the other cheek, he always loved me, and he never got angry or raised his voice. And you know…that used to really tick me off! So I would try harder to upset him. He always responded in love – “I love you Tracy – I’m going for a walk.” This one day I said, “Aerie – get mad at me!!!!” He said to me, “Trace, life is too short to get mad. Really, what’s the point? What do we gain from getting angry?” Then he went on to tell me how he felt and how much I hurt him when I said those things to him. Hearing him verbalize that really opened my eyes. I think that all of this happened in our first year of marriage. There were a lot of adjustments we both had to make and one of the hardest for me was having a new ‘step-daughter and ex-girlfriend’ to accept. I realize now that one of the reasons why I was so easily angered back them was because I didn’t know how to properly communicate and share my feelings – this was the only way I knew to express myself.

Aerie and I developed awesome communication and to this day that is one of our strengths as a married couple. We have our disagreements, but we talk things through, we don’t harbor bitterness or keep things pent up inside – and we always try to do this before our heads hit the pillow.


Something not many people know about me:

I’m a “flossaholic”! This all began a few years ago - that unforgettable moment when my dentist told me that I had 15 cavities!!! Yes, ‘1-5’ – fifteen.




What are your thoughts on plastic surgery?
It’s such a personal choice and I would never judge someone for choosing that route. But, as tempting as a tummy tuck would seem sometimes, I personally would not consider plastic surgery. Aerie & I were actually talking about physical appearances recently. Yeah, we’re not in the same shape we were in 5 years ago - love handles, saggy skin…you know. But as Aerie said, “Physically, we’re only getting uglier & we’re going to get uglier together J Aerie loves my heart – he loves what’s inside….we don’t care about each others’ wrinkles and bulges. I’ll be the first to admit that I work hard on trying to “look” good. I work out regularly, I eat well and you know…makeup & hair dye really do wonders. Although I do want to look good for my husband, essentially I’m doing all of that for me. When I am confident in who I am and how I look – no matter what size I am or how many wrinkles I have – that makes me feel great (and look great to my husband). Plastic Surgery only fixes the outside – true beauty comes from within.


P.S: I wouldn’t want to get older and “uglier” with anyone else besides Aerie : )

2 comments:

Laura said...

These are great pictures!
I too am a sucker for blessing people on a grand scale. Did you see the follow up on Oprah from when she gave the audience $1000 each? I totally sobbed! What an opportunity to change the world

Trayce said...

Laura: No, I didn't see it but I taped it & I can't wait to watch it. I love crying at those things...because they are not sad tears, you know?