Wednesday, November 22, 2006

How WELL do you think you are?

Sorry to leave you hanging like that. I have been struggling with this whole Candida story that I’m blogging on here. I have come a long way, but I am not there yet and part of me feels like I should wait until I am actually all better to talk about it.

I have learned a lot about Candida through the years, and it excites me when I learn something new every day. Health and Nutrition have become a passion in my life. I read about health issues every single day and I just can’t get enough of it! But really “health” is not just about eating right – health is a combination of many things.

There are three key dimensions in our lives; physical, bio-chemical and psychological. The Physical dimension is basically how we use our bodies; strength, cardio vascular system, lung capacity, exercise, chronic conditions, and even sleep habits. The Bio-Chemical dimension is what we Do and Don’t put into our bodies – what we put into our bodies is important, however what we don’t put into our bodies can also be very important; water consumption, smoking, alcohol, drugs, food addictions, protein and carbohydrate balance, balance of fruit and vegetable, processed vs. whole foods, skipping meals, things that we don’t have much control over like chemical exposure, as well as your body fat percentage level and your BMI (Body Mass Index). The third dimension is the Psychological Dimension; Mind/Body Connection. Many people don’t realize how psychological stress will translate into physical ailments. How do you react to stress, your feelings of anxiety and your feeling of control over various parts of your environment? Some aspects of the psychological dimension are; Defining your purpose, creating a healthy family, healthy relationships, career, self-esteem, eliminating anxiety, relaxation techniques, organizing your home, your time and your finances.

We could be doing pretty well in, say, two of those dimensions, but if we are lacking in another dimension then we are not living in overall wellness. Health (wellness) is a lifetime journey...it is something that we have to work on for the rest of our lives. Each day we are either moving toward wellness or toward illness.

How well would you like to be?

No comments: