Sunday, October 22, 2006

You Have Searched Me and You Know Me

"For you created me in my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalms 139: 13-16


Imagine how much God loves us? Despite whether or not our parents "planned" our birth, there is such peace in knowing that God planned your birth, and he planned my birth. He knows everything about you and I. He knows our thoughts, our struggles, our future - he knows it all! Sometimes I feel like I am alone in my own little world. I often feel like nobody really understands me or knows me. I feel like I cannot let people into my world. I do feel alone sometimes, but I know that I am never alone. I know that God cares about me and loves me just the way that I am - the way that he made me - flaws and all. He knows me. Even when we feel alone, like nobody really cares or loves us, God has laid his hand upon us. He will never leave us alone.


"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139: 7-10

I thank you God that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Thank you for never leaving me alone...and for your perfect love. There is no one else like you, Lord.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trace...I know exactly what you mean. He understands us, knows us intimately - everything(flaw and all, as u say)...Yet he holds open his arms and says, "come. Here, sit on my lap. I want to be with you and hold you and love you, my darling, my child." I rarely feel alone knowing he's right there all the time...my everything, my all! He really is the lifter of our heads.